Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Musings #2 : "Please don't lock your hair!"


So today I got my 1st negative comment with regards to my locking journey! I was sitting in class with a friend when she reached over, played with my hair a bit, then said, "Please don't dread, or lock, or whatever you call it!"

I was a little taken aback. Not that I didn't know she was opposed to me locking my hair, but I just didn't expect it right then. I laughed a little before asking but then said, "Why?"

Then she said, "Because that's what everyone's doing!"

Um.. pause... isn't that a good thing? I will admit that quite a few people have decided to lock lately, both male and female alike. But, is that suddenly a reason not to? If I were to get a perm she would have been satisfied I'm sure, even though FAR more women on campus have a perm!

Oh well, I felt a little honored to be honest. Not only will I rock my locks even harder now that I'm aware that some friends have a problem with it, (lol, rebel) I feel inducted into the fold. =P I'm "one of THOSE people" now. Ain't it grand??

0 comments:

Post a Comment