Sunday, November 8, 2009

Musings #3 : More Product Discussions


I appreciate your patience ladies as I figure out this whole product thing. Every time I think I've figured it out, my hair says something different. I know it does well with the previous spritz (with the castor oil, vegetable glycerin, and aloe) but since I wanted it to mat and bud faster, I decided to let it go.

When I did let it go, my hair was all kinds of dry but it started matting! I didn't have much issue with itchy scalp because of the peppermint EO.

What I've done now is to add a little of the peppermint EO to my previous spritz after watering it down. That seems to give me the needed moisture without overdoing it.

Last week I spritz with the previous 2X and with the water+peppermint everyday. They seem to be balancing each other out which I like.

It's moisturized enough that my hair doesn't have that brillo pad thing going on, but not so much that I feel my progress slowing down.

I probably need to get a grip either way though, I can't really expect my hair to bud in the 1st month (which I'm still in). I've asked numerous people and the consensus is that they started noticing the beginning of budding at 2-3 months. Very few people I asked noticed it in their first month. Plus, my hair texture is pretty soft and loose (though still afro-worthy) so I'll let it take its time.



ps. Month 1 is all but over.. where did the time go???

0 comments:

Post a Comment