Monday, January 18, 2010

Musings #6 : HIH Disease!!

Lol.. it's nothing serious I promise! For those of you who don't know, HIH is an acronym for, hand in hair. Basically is describes those of us who have our hands in our hair all the time.

Lately though, it's become more than just me. Everyone (those allowed) seems to find their hands in my hair.

I don't mind it because I love the feeling of fingers on my scalp. The reason I mention it is because when I was an avid weave wearer it was a BIG NO NO! There was NO way I was gonna let anyone touch it because then it would be confirmed how fake it was. When I pressed the hell out of my hair it was partially allowed unless I styled it up in which case it was completely forbidden. After I BC'ed and began styling and loading up on products it was a no no because I was embarassed at how sticky it was or how crunchy. Now that I'm locking, and using nothing but water, everyone is allowed and I love it! I have nothing to hide, be neurotic about, or be ashamed of.

I even get compliments on how soft it is! My hair! The hair that I used to believe would be a brillo pad without product! Amazing. And you know what? They're not lying, it IS soft. I love my hair in a way I never have before. It's not a burden or a chore. It's beautiful and I love it!

Thanks for reading!

-Raxxie

2 comments:

jhavianicole said...

I am so with you!!! I am loving this process. My hair is free to do what it wants. I don't have to stress over it like I used to. And people are always oohing and awwing over it lol. I'm not as free about letting people touch it as you are (I'm a little OCD lol) but I do let those VIP folks touch it lol. I absolutely love my hair and I always love reading your blog because you're as enthusiastic about your hair as I am about mine!

Raxxie said...

lol.. thanks love! I appreciate that you read along with me

Post a Comment